DMF Music are looking to recruit a full-time Artist Contracting & Live Booking Assistant to work in our Exeter City Centre office. Experience working in the Live Music Industry is preferred but not essential. DMF Music are looking for someone highly organised, with excellent communication skills and exceptional attention to detail.
DMF Music are an independent booking agency, management company, promoter and record label. The DMF team, headed up by directors David & Laura Farrow, represent a range of established and upcoming artists from the UK, Europe and the US across a wide range of genres including ska, folk, indie, world music, jazz and reggae. As well as agency and management, the team also run two record labels and organise the award-winning Beautiful Days festival.
Summary of role:
To manage the contracting and invoicing for all shows and festivals booked by DMF Music agents in the UK and Worldwide. To help manage the deposit and balance payments for all engagements. To ensure effective communication between artists and promoters. To assist routing and arranging tours.
Main duties and key responsibilities:
- Generate & send all contracts for all bookings made for all artists on the DMF roster
- Request & send or generate all invoices for all bookings made for all artists on the DMF roster
- Ensure office diaries up to date with contract/invoice/payment details
- Liaise effectively between promoters, festivals, venues, finance contacts, artists and their managers
- Assist the Directors with general administration including reporting to manager and artists
- Negotiate routing and arranging dates with promoters and venues
- To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the Directors including for any outdoor events co-ordinated by DMF
- To be highly efficient with an ability to thrive under pressure in a stressful environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail
- A confident and professional phone manner
- High level of computer literacy specifically including spreadsheets, databases and e-mail
- An aptitude to learn quickly
- Ability to prioritise and juggle projects in a busy environment
- To work well when unsupervised and to work calmly when under pressure
- Commitment to working within a small team
- To demonstrate absolute discretion towards confidential information
How to apply:
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com before Friday 31 May 2019