Academy Music Group are recruiting for an Assistant General Manager to assist in all aspects of the Operation of the building in relation to events staged at O2 Forum Kentish Town. To act as a central point for all relevant parties, furthermore to disseminate such information to relevant parties both internal and external.
To act as Duty Manager for O2 Forum Kentish Town as agreed in advance with the General Manager and in their absence, to assume such duties as is necessary to ensure the smooth running of the venue operation, including staff discipline.
Academy Music Group is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
- To act as administrative support to the General Manager, assisting in the specific daily, weekly and monthly duties as agreed with him / her.
- To undertake appropriate aspects of ‘Diary Management’ including the pencilling and confirmation of shows, but excluding negotiation of deals unless specifically authorised by the General Manager.
- To act as liaison with any visiting organisations, e.g. rehearsals, film, radio, promoters, furthermore to ensure that any invoices relating to such activity is invoiced.
- To ensure that the appropriate information in relation to any ‘event’ is provided to all internal / external staff as required ensuring effective operations.
- To co-ordinate and implement with the Social Media Executive all internal / external marketing of all events to include the planning and placement of all local advertising if required.
- To liaise with the Technical Manager and ensure all venue information is available on request and is accurate.
- To arrange for all outside contractors, including but not limited to Security, Cleaning & Paramedics.
- Liaison with all venue staff, including house management, security, maintenance, cleaners to ensure that the building / business is effective and efficient.
- On the instruction of the ‘DPS’ to act as ‘licensee’ to the building and on such occasions to ensure that the venue runs in accordance with its operating plan.
- To undertake any other duties that from time to time may be deemed reasonable.
Requirements - Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Enthusiastic about live music and clubs
- Administration and familiar with Excel & Office
- General Understanding of H&S, risk assessment and licensing requirements
- Good communicator & team player
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage situations with tact and diplomacy
- Can identify problems and develop solutions as part of a team
- Shows confidence in dealing with wide ranging types of situations
- Able to work flexible and unsocial hours covering evenings, nights, weekends, and include bank holidays, Christmas Eve and New Years Eve
- Personal license or a willingness to work towards as a priority
- Duty management experience
- Experience of working in live and club music venues
- Line management of staff and contractors.
- Finance and cash handling
- General understanding of the technical requirements of live and club events.
How to apply:
If your skills and experiences match that of this job description apply here today with a current CV including full employment and education information.
All roles at Live Nation Entertainment are subject to full background screening.
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.
Closing date: 2/3/2018