Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Key to the efficient management of the creative team, the Associate Producer will facilitate the planning and delivery of the creative programme. Reporting to the Event Producer and deputising in their absence, you will be responsible for fulfilling the Executive Producer's vision, project managing all artistic and creative requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Directors and Executive Producer to develop the programme and artistic elements of the Street Party.
- Working closely with the freelance creative team to deliver and realise artistic ambitions for the event whilst remaining on schedule and within budget.
- Providing regular status reports to the Event Producer and Directors.
- Managing the creative budget, working with the Event Producer to agree parameters and payment schedules.
- Coordinating meetings and communication between the creative and production teams.
- Working with the Street Party Director to source and contract Street Party Host and Street Performers; collating tech riders and coordinating logistics.
- Providing deadlines for the Street Party Director to produce draft and final versions of the event running order, ensuring circulation across the full event team.
- In conjunction with the Street Party Director, develop a rehearsal schedule and ensure suitable spaces are available as necessary.
- Working with the Hogmanay Music Programmer to contract music stage artists, collate tech riders and coordinate logistics.
- Sourcing, contracting and managing caterer and designer for Hogmanay HQ.
- Sourcing and contracting suitable comperes for Bairns Afore and Concert in the Gardens events and developing script content for both.
- Working with the Production Designer to source and deliver costumes for Street Performers.
- Liaising with the Associate Producer (Torchlight/MFTS), to identify opportunities to share talent or resource across events.
- Line manage Street Content and Music Stage Artist Liaisons, and Event Assistant.
- Minimum five years’ experience producing large-scale live events/festivals.
- Excellent planning and communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot production difficulties or problems.
- Ability to act decisively under pressure.
- Ability to supervise and delegate.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.