Joining a rapidly growing Neighbouring Rights team in London, reporting to the Client Manager, the Client Assistant will be a key contact for clients with regards to any issues or queries relating to their catalogue.
As your main responsibility is to communicate with artists and mangers, you need to be a genuine people person, someone who thrives in finding solutions to complicated issues, can think on your feet as well as manage expectations. This is an office-based, administrative role that also requires someone highly analytical, detail-oriented and numerate.
To summarise, as a Client Assistant, you are setting yourself up to be a partner in our clients’ business by making things run smoothly as well as educating them on Neighbouring Rights as a young, but viable source of income for artists and labels.
If you feel like the fast-paced, dynamic environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A CLIENT ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Deal with incoming queries from clients
- Maintain client related information in our inhouse system
- Maintain log of clients’ tax form status and liaise with Client Managers to obtain updated forms as required
- Review accuracy and completeness of agreement related information i.e. making sure we have all the documentation to complete the registration or claims process
- Raise advance/payment requests in NetSuite and making sure they are paid out on time
- Maintain a thorough understanding of society issues, qualification criteria, distribution policies as well as current industry news to pre-empt situations and know how to maximise our clients’ income streams
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Working with artists and managers is the day to day work, so being professional, friendly, customer-focused with previous experience in a client facing role – preferably in the music industry – is essential
- You’ll be an organized self-starter with the capacity to manage a varied and often intense workload including intensity situations while maintaining professionalism and poise
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills as well as high level of written and spoken English
- Adaptability and comfort working in a fast paced & evolving environment
- Sensitivity to confidential information and material
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
- Passion for music and good understanding of Neighbouring Rights
KNR prides itself on its bespoke, robust service to clients, drawing on secondary data to test reporting by collecting societies and negotiating the complex distribution policies and qualifying criteria in order to maximise revenues to artists. KNR represents, amongst others, Calvin Harris, Ellie Goulding, Sam Smith, Bruno Mars, Passenger, Taio Cruz, Pitbull, Icona Pop, John Newman, Jess Glynne, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.