AWAL, Kobalt’s digital distribution and label services company, is looking for an enthusiastic, highly efficient, and accurate Client Royalties & Administration Manager to assist with our royalty and accounting responsibilities within our Artist and Label Services department.
Joining a highly collaborative team, the Client Royalties & Administration Manager will manage all client accounting across an important segment of our client base.
To be successful in the role, you will need to understand mechanicals, performance and broadcast, digital and physical distribution and licensing as well as being familiar with different types of recording deals, marketing budgets, physical record costs and royalty accounting systems.
Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Lauv, Nick Cave, Deadmau5, Die Antwoord, Vérité, Tom Misch and Ray BLK.
WHAT DOES A CLIENT ROYALTIES & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Take responsibility and ownership over key deals being the main point of contact for those clients’ reporting queries
- Entering and maintaining client contact, agreement and payment information in our internal & bespoke royalty system
- Managing the generation of royalty accounting to our clients to strict deadlines
- Providing bespoke, intelligent data analysis
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 5+ years Royalty Accounting experience with a great understanding of the record industry, working with high-profile clients & with a track-record of providing excellent customer service
- Highly numerate and IT literate (Advanced Excel & SQL is desirable)
- Ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure as well as prioritise to strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships throughout the organization and with external 3rd parties
- Possess high analytical skills, ability to see patterns, be a fast thinker & good decision maker
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and results-oriented attitude
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
PENSION | Kobalt comply with auto-enrolment legislation, and currently contribute 2% of qualifying earnings if eligible staff stay in the pension scheme, currently with Aviva.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 gross per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT | As part of your ongoing learning and development you will have access to a range of tools and courses appropriate to your role and career goals. These include, but are not limited to Udemy for Business and Bookboon E-library.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT, SELECTION OF SNACKS AND CEREAL SUPPLIED
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Policy is with the AVIVA ‘select’ scheme, with the ability to upgrade to a partner or family membership.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Personal travel insurance, individual or family cover.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles