The Students’ Union’s Commercial Sales & Marketing Manager will be at the centre of leading a freshly redeveloped team in the union aimed at maximising internal and external revenue and creating meaningful partnerships both locally and nationally, ensuring our members remain at the forefront of our marketing activity. We operate a box office function for our venues, The LCR and Waterfront, as well as venues from across the region, create and maintain partnerships with local traders and national companies, and help our social enterprises shine – this role will be supervising three full-time members of career staff, as well as student staff in roles as diverse as designers to administration assistants.
Ideally, you’ll have experience in managing groups in this kind of environment, you’ll know about ticketing and marketing in particular, and your communication must be excellent, whether verbal or digital.
Some of the key duties of this role will include:
- Supervise the implementation of commercial sales and marketing strategy for commercial services within uea(su)
- Direct strategic market research and consumer insight to determine market requirements for existing and future products
- Develop existing digital sales and marketing platforms including social media
- To supervise the promotion of union advertising channels to the local business community through proactive direct marketing, networking, writing and creating promotional literature and liaising with intermediary organisations
- To develop the SU's sales and business partnerships services to be recognised by both the local and national business community as the absolute choice to engage with UEA students
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Ideally, we'd like you to have:
- Previous experience in a commercial marketing and sales organisation
- Experience of managing a large scale box office operation
- Proven experience of instigating change of a strategic nature
- Experience or analysing and acting upon detailed sales and marketing information