Joining the US team in the Publishing Copyright department in our brand-new London office, the primary role of the Copyright Assistant will be to support the team with managing our catalogue in the US across all US PRO’s by ensuring works and agreements are registered correctly.
The successful candidate will need to have attention to detail and research skills as well as excellent communication skills when communicating internally and with external sources and can deal with pressure but remain optimistic and persistent to complete tasks accurately and efficiently.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A US COPYRIGHT ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Ensuring song details are correctly registered in Kobalt’s favour at all US collection societies
- Investigating possible matches and duplicate work details at the US collection societies
- Managing a shared inbox dealing with general enquiries from all US societies regarding our claims to works and the terms of our publishing agreements
- You may be asked to take on extra responsibilities – please be aware that the above list is not exhaustive
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set
- Experience working with large data sets
- Excellent communication skills and high level of written and spoken English
- Track-record of excellent organization and prioritisation skills
- Previous admin and copyright experience in a similar role as well as a good understanding of music publishing is highly desirable
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
PENSION | Kobalt comply with auto-enrolment legislation, and currently contribute 1% of base salary if eligible staff stay in the pension scheme, currently with Aviva.
EYE TEST | Voucher scheme in partnership with Smart Employee Eyecare.
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including large summer & Christmas party!
FRESH FRUIT, SELECTION OF SNACKS AND CEREAL SUPPLIED DAILY
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay, typically over a 12 month period.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate membership rates offered
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Policy is with the BUPA ‘select’ scheme, with the ability to upgrade to a partner or family membership.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Covers both business and personal travel.