Our incredible Neighbouring Rights team has come a long way since the start. The team is close-knit and dedicated and is in need for a tech-savvy, detail focused individual to help manage the end to end royalty & accounting process.
Working in the heart of the City overlooking the Thames, this role is highly data-focused in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment, but in return you will be given the opportunity to add value and improve our royalty processes so we can continue to build the music services company of tomorrow. Besides being keen on systems and the tech side of the industry, you are a problem solver, graceful under pressure and a creative thinker.
Our Neighbouring Rights team prides itself on its bespoke, robust service to clients, drawing on secondary data to test reporting by collecting societies and negotiating the complex distribution policies and qualifying criteria in order to maximize revenues to artists such as Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa, Sam Smith, Passenger, Icona Pop, John Newman, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Red Hot Chili Peppers to mention a few.
Working at Kobalt, you will help empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & of course, a passion for music!
What would you do as a Distribution Assistant at Kobalt?
- Ensuring the timely receipt of incoming royalty statements & payments from our society partners
- Converting, importing & processing incoming statements mainly using Excel
- Matching royalties accurately to our internal database (sometimes 2-3 weeks solid so you need to be ok with repetitive tasks from time to time)
- Investigating royalty identification issues & initiating royalty queries with societies
- Assisting with the generation of royalty statements to our clients to strict deadlines
- Providing intelligent data manipulation & analysis using Excel
You will ideally have
…numeracy skills & experience manipulating large sets of data in Excel
…tech savvy and finds it easy to learn & adapt to new systems
…outstanding written and verbal communication with a good eye for detail
…ability to prioritize, self-start, chip in and meet tight deadlines
…worked proactively in high-pressure, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
…a ”hard & smart” approach to work and a roll up sleeves and get it done mentality
…a love for helping teammates achieve their own goals too
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval