An exciting opportunity to join the fastest growing music company!
Your Mission at BMG.
We are looking for a Finance Assistant to join our team in our Paddington offices.
Your will be responsible for providing support and assistance to the Finance Managers; producing accurate balance sheet reconciliations, liasing with the Royalty team to ensure accurate recording of cash received and recording revenue and cost of sales of the business – working towards supporting with the monthly and quarterly reporting. You will be hard working, detail orientated and thrive under fast paced and high pressured environments.
- Processing cash match entries for all companies within the UK group – Royalty system
- Working on Withholding Tax applications and updating WHT portal
- Bank Reconciliations
- Liaising and working closely with Masters and Publishing Royalties Team
- Helping on the royalty reconciliation process
- Continually simplifying and improving processes
- Processing receipts through FEBA (bank) on SAP
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- VAT returns, EC Sales and other HMRC returns
- Monthly revenue and cost of sales bookings
- Preparing monthly P&L for our production music catalogue.
- Producing appropriate reports on a periodic basis
- Journal entry and reconciliations
- Assisting the Finance Manager, Senior Finance Manager and other stakeholders, where required.
- Experience working in a mid-sized accounts department
- Strong analytical and organisational skills with the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to interpret solutions, anticipate problems and pro-actively resolve issues
- Experience with SAP & Excel
- Experience in the music / media industry desirable
- Love for music
Now, what's in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
What you should know about us.
BMG is a growing international music company, founded in 2008 with a revolutionary vision for the digital age. Our purpose is to be a better kind of music business. What does that mean? We offer unparalleled creative support, provide the best access to innovative platforms and work hard to maximise the value of each and every copyright; empowering all of our artists and songwriters to achieve their greatest potential. A little bit more of how it should be (we like to think).
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
We are a division of the Bertelsmann Group which includes Penguin Random House, RTL Group and Arvato.
Head to our Linkedin, Instagram and twitter channels to get a snippet into what It’s like to work at BMG UK!
Sound like music to your ears?
Then click ‘Apply now’ and send us your application and all the convincing arguments as to why you are the right person for this role - the challenge is on! Let’s create a future together
Here at BMG, we don’t just encourage diversity – we celebrate it, support it and wholeheartedly promote it and its benefits to our employee’s and company alike. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and so all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. If you require any reasonable accommodation or adjustments due to a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of the request.
It is really important to us that our staff are paid fairly and proportionately so as such we are proud to be an accredited London Living Wage employer.