Handle Recruitment are extremely proud to be working alongside a leading and well established Independent Music Publisher in their search for a Head of Royalties.
Situated in a brand new and modern office in South West London, the position will offer the opportunity to add real value in a hands-on role that will provide broad exposure across all areas of royalties and music administration.
The Head of Royalties will be responsible for actively running the royalty process, including preparing royalty statements for clients based in the U.K. and co-ordinating royalty processing for group companies based in the U.S and Europe. Supervising one member of staff, the Head of Royalties will be responsible for but not limited to the below tasks:
- Royalty calculation reliability, including income tracking
- Continuous process improvement as well as maintaining best practice
- Supporting management and business affairs in rights acquisition
- Analysing revenue streams, income types, sources and territories
- Coordinating with the Finance Director on any royalties related matters
- Communicating with collective rights organisations and licensees to investigate anomalies in royalty accounting
- Participating in MPA/ MCPS/ PRS committees that require royalties expertise on behalf of the company
- Being the first point of contact for dealing with royalty related enquiries and ensuring that responses are delivered in a timely fashion
The successful candidate will work closely with all divisions of the business as well as global affiliates, sub-publishers and songwriters. You will be highly experienced within Music Publishing, Royalties and Music Administration and come equipped with a ‘Can do” approach and attitude! The role will require a self-motivated candidate to get involved with all aspects of the royalties function from the actual processing to the development of solutions to problems as they arise and proactive improvement of systems. Counterpoint and Maestro experience is highly desirable.
In return, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work for a company that is almost unique in nature in today’s Music Industry. Working in this dedicated and established team, the Head of Royalties will be on the front-line of one of the few active UK-established independent publishers left in London.