Founded in 2007, Downtown Music Publishing is one of the world’s leading rights-management firms,
headquartered in New York with offices in Nashville, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, and Tokyo. The
company’s catalog spans over seven decades of popular music, encompassing some of the world’s most
beloved songwriters and artists including, The Beatles, John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Ryan Tedder, Benny
Blanco, Bruce Springsteen, One Direction, Mötley Crüe, Hans Zimmer, The Kinks, Cy Coleman, Social
Distortion, Sturgill Simpson, Carla Bruni, and more.
The company’s technology platform, Songtrust, a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup, is revolutionizing
the traditional music publishing business. Downtown Music Publishing is one of the world's leading rights-management firms, with offices in New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, and Tokyo. The company's catalog spans over seven decades of popular music, encompassing some of the world's most beloved songwriters and artists including The Beatles, John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, The Kinks, Cy Coleman, Hans Zimmer, Bruce Springsteen, Mötley Crüe, One Direction, Naughty Boy, Hardwell, Sturgill Simpson, Santigold, Carla Bruni, and Social Distortion. The company's technology platform, Songtrust, powers global royalty collection from over 100 countries and more than 20,000 unique income sources worldwide.
What will you be doing?
- Overseeing sync licensing efforts and revenue generation for the United Kingdom across all media
types, with a focus on advertising, television, and film.
- Collaborating with other regional sync staff members and the New York office to create and
- implement a broader European sync strategy.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with music users across all media types and convert those
relationships into sync licenses, original composition opportunities, and strategic marketing
opportunities for the songs in the Downtown catalogue and their writers.
- Delivering a first class creative service to all our composers, songwriters, catalogues and
prospective clients; speaking on behalf of Downtown UK and the global sync operation
- Acting as an advocate for Downtown's creative efforts by speaking on panels and attending
- Coordinating events for music users such as listening sessions, parties, and in-office performances
- Drafting a quarterly report for the UK Managing Director and EVP on the state of sync in the UK and
our position in the market
- Provide data that allows Downtown's administrative staff to track and measure sync efforts
- Someone with 7-10 years experience in sync or the wider music industry
- Passionate about Music
- Down to earth, dynamic and confident
To apply for this position, please send an updated resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org