AWAL serves a growing roster of emerging talent and already established independent artists from all over the world and we are now expanding our UK Marketing team to include a new Marketing Manager, reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing.
Managing relationships and marketing initiatives with emerging & established artists, record labels and catalogue owners, both UK-based and international, the Marketing Manager provides marketing support, advice and strategy for AWAL clients. Your industry relationships will include media, PR and Promotion, retail, managers and labels and experience working with artists, and artist management companies across a wide spectrum of genres and levels of success.
AWAL is the Recordings division of Kobalt, and provides a range of marketing, distribution and other services to artists and labels, empowering recording owners whilst enabling them to retain ownership and control of their masters. AWAL works with more than 12,000 clients and our roster includes artists such as Tom Misch, Little Simz, Mr Eazi, Yung Lean, De La Soul, Todd Terje, Rex Orange County, The Wombats, Ms Banks, Lauv and Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds.
This amazing opportunity will allow you to work with an incredibly diverse roster. It’s an exciting time to be joining AWAL, and working at Kobalt, you will help build the music services company of tomorrow, to empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & passion for music!
What would you do as a Marketing Manager?
- Conceive and implement industry leading marketing campaigns and strategies for AWAL artists
- Communicate and synchronize campaigns with global marketing teams
- Manage marketing budgets
- Commission all forms of creative content across campaigns
- Set and achieve sales, streaming and revenue targets on each release in UK
- Source and manage media promo partners
- Work closely with internal teams, including Operations, Digital Marketing and Digital Sales as well as external partners
- Work with the Account Management team to develop market-leading streaming and playlist strategies
- Advise on digital marketing, advertising and social media strategies to maximise results, engagement and growth
- Set and achieve streaming, sales and revenue targets
- Analyse performance of releases using AWAL’s market leading analytics tools
You will ideally have
…knowledge of current music marketing campaigns, including digital innovations and digital marketing and promotion opportunities
…3+ years’ experience, ideally within a successful record label or music management company
…experience working with labels, artists and managers
…ability to work across multiple projects of different sizes and development
…strong organisational and project management skills
…superior client management and communication skills
…ability to network with clients and industry contacts
…entrepreneurial spirit, with a progressive and creative attitude
…BA/BSc degree or work-based experience equivalent
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.