Merlin is the global digital rights agency for the world's independent record label sector, with a membership accounting for more than 14% of the global recorded music market. It was established to allow digital music services the opportunity to globally license commercially successful independent music labels from across the world.
Launched in 2007 and based in Amsterdam with offices in London, New York and Tokyo, the organisation now has over 700 members from 55 countries, representing more than 20,000 independent labels and aggregators worldwide.
Merlin has licensed digital services including Facebook, SoundCloud, YouTube, Spotify, Pandora, musical.ly, Google Play, Deezer, Vevo, KKBOX and AWA, and reached a number of copyright infringement settlements with, among others, Limewire, XM Satellite Radio and Grooveshark.
Merlin has been recognised by the music and technology sectors. The organisation was named ‘Independent Champion’ at the 2015, 2016 and 2018 A2IM Libera Awards, while CEO Charles Caldas received the IMPALA annual outstanding contribution award in 2013.
Merlin is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic “Member Services Manager” to assist our members in optimizing all aspects of their Merlin membership.
The position, based in London, will report to Merlin's Director, Global Member Services, and work closely with Merlin’s Head of Member Operations. The role will involve working with existing and new DSPs, as well as coordinating closely with other departments within Merlin.
Merlin has experienced remarkable growth since its inception and is currently expanding its team. This is an opportunity for someone with excellent people skills to work with a broad cross-section of the global independent recorded music industry, in a relaxed working environment that demands technical excellence.
The successful candidate will be a motivated and proven self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to work independently and be confident in resolving queries from record labels and distributors on a global basis. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential and a proven set of established relationships and understanding of the independent sector would be advantageous.
Areas of Responsibility
Areas of responsibility include:
- Manage the Membership Application Process
- On-Going Member support
- Be a point of contact for DSP integration teams
- Provide Email and Phone support
- Create support documentation, training guides and procedures
- Escalate issues appropriately and communicate effectively with internal teams
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and solve membership related issues
- Supervising member services assistant if necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate will have:
- 2 or more years of experience in a Member facing support role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Active listening skills to accurately respond to inquiries and requests
- Ability to compute basic arithmetic and work with numbers
- Basic personal computer skills
- Must be detail oriented and well organized
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Organized and comfortable tracking and prioritizing multiple issues
- Able to work under pressure
- Previous experience working with a member-based organisation (Distributor, Collecting Society)
- Have music industry experience in digital operations
- Knowledge of the digital music industry