You will have responsibility for the full recruitment cycle for roles at all levels across a wide range of disciplines, from creative & marketing to royalties & client services across Kobalt’s Label Services, Music Publishing, and Neighbouring Rights business areas as well as shared services such as Legal, Finance and HR.
To be successful in the role, you need to be confident, determined and ambitious, but always with a humble approach to build trustworthy relationships, and not to enforce them.
The role involves a high level of diligence, organisation and prioritisation and is a great opportunity to shape the talent that comes into Kobalt as a key stage of our growth.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A RECRUITER AT KOBALT DO?
- Support the lead recruiter and managers in sourcing and hiring top talent
- Provide an exceptional recruitment experience from the first point of contact with line manager or candidate through to offer and start date
- Source candidates and build talent pools via various external sources including proactively data mining on LinkedIn and through networking groups, identifying alternative sources for cost effective recruiting
- Increase Kobalt’s involvement and outreach in the music communities by attending industry networking and recruiting events
- Manage multiple openings across a range of skill sets
- Manage recruitment and advertising suppliers to facilitate hiring
- Be knowledgeable about Kobalt and effective in communicating the business and its culture and values
- Present new creative ways of engaging talent; keeping up with the latest trends on talent acquisition
- Support new recruitment initiatives such as diversity and inclusion, internships, placements and apprenticeships
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A consistent recruiter with experience of high volume recruiting across a variety of roles ideally with some experience in hiring Finance and Legal professionals
- Web savvy with experience with recruitment advertising, tools, platforms, CV search and recruiting websites including LinkedIn
- Experienced in selecting and using an ATS (we use Greenhouse)
- In-depth screening and face to face interview experience – including use of competency-based interview techniques
- Analytical with the ability to manage data, set up and run reports and queries of data and present it to senior team with recommendations
- A people person: you’re friendly, social, and genuinely enjoy working with others
- Approachable and good listener/note taker and can build a trustworthy relationship with internal stakeholders
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills – carefully plans and structures their work load but can be flexible as priorities frequently change
- Enjoys administrative work (intermediate Excel), pays attention to the small details and takes great care making sure all the boxes are ticked and that systems and databases are updated regularly – hands on approach to all aspects of the recruitment end to end process
- Exemplary communication skills and ability to quickly secure credibility in relationships
- A passion for and good understanding of the music industry
- Tenacious and able to concentrate on tasks for a long period of time
- Can cope with a high-pressure and fast-paced environment but remains optimistic & persistent to make things happen
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.