Joining the rapidly growing Royalties team in the Publishing department in our London office, the primary role of the Royalties Assistant will be to support the team with the end to end processing of flow-through and ad-hoc income sources, which essentially is income received by other publishers for our clients. These income sources have increased as Kobalt sign more administration deals and acquire new catalogues.
The successful candidate will need the ability to remain optimistic and persistent when following up on outstanding statements and have high levels of confidence in decision making when faced with difficult challenges such as investigating unknown payments. Working across several areas of the business liaising with key stakeholders such as finance or business affairs, requires excellent communication skills as well as a detail-driven mind-set and that you are comfortable with repetitive and data heavy tasks.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A ROYALTIES ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Log & process incoming statements from various sources
- Chase any outstanding statements or missing payments
- Send LOD’s for new flow-through deals
- Investigate unknown payments
- Assist the Royalties Manager with ad-hoc tasks to facilitate accurate and correct royalty generation
- You may be asked to take on extra responsibilities – please be aware that the above list is not exhaustive
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous admin and copyright and/or royalty processing experience as well as a good understanding of music publishing
- Excellent communication skills: the duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally; we are looking for someone who can adapt communication to audience
- Track-record of excellent organization and prioritisation skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and a detail-driven mind-set
- High level of written and spoken English as well as any other required language skills
- Basic Excel skills are preferred but not essential
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
PENSION | Kobalt comply with auto-enrolment legislation, and currently contribute 1% of base salary if eligible staff stay in the pension scheme, currently with Aviva.
EYE TEST | Voucher scheme in partnership with Smart Employee Eyecare.
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including large summer & Christmas party!
FRESH FRUIT, SELECTION OF SNACKS AND CEREAL SUPPLIED DAILY
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay, typically over a 12 month period.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate membership rates offered
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Policy is with the BUPA ‘select’ scheme, with the ability to upgrade to a partner or family membership.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Covers both business and personal travel.