Involved Group are looking for an experienced Royalty & Accounts Assistant Manager to join our busy and growing Finance Team.
Owned and managed by global DJ trio Above & Beyond and James Grant, Involved Group consist of record labels Anjunabeats and Anjunadeep, a touring company managing Above & Beyond, the artist management company Involved Management, and publishing company Involved Publishing.
With offices in London and L.A., Involved Group is an exciting and dynamic environment that would suit someone with an interest in electronic dance music and the music industry, who enjoys working on new and varied projects with opportunities to travel, contribute new ideas and grow with the company.
Artist management – working with the Finance Director through the whole accounts process from raising invoices and processing payments, to creating artist management statements and reconciling artist accounts. Current artists on the roster include Dusky, Lane 8, Seven Lions, Andrew Bayer, Ilan Bluestone, Yotto and Jason Ross.
Record labels – reporting to our Royalty Manager, you will be involved in the preparation of artist royalty statements on a bi-annual basis, as well collecting and processing sales reports. You will need to be comfortable in dealing with large amounts of data, obsessed with accuracy and experienced with recording royalties.
You may have opportunities to assist with the preparation of tour accounts, management accounts, year-end schedules, forecasts and other ad-hoc reporting as required.
The position will be full time from our office in London Bridge, U.K.
- assisting the artist management team in collecting tour, royalty and 3rd party artist income, raising sales invoices and tracking income for both artists and company.
- logging both artist and company expenses, making payments and credit control across multiple artists and currencies.
- reconciling sales and purchase ledger, bank account and client accounts
- producing and distributing monthly artist account statements for both domestic and foreign artists
- Assisting the FD in forecasting commissions earned for each artist
- Assisting in the management team in tour budgeting, tax form applications and withholding tax
- VAT returns and management accounts as required
- Analysing and suggesting process improvements
- Downloading and cataloguing digital, physical and 3rd party income statements
- Processing statements for uploading into our database, including format adjustments, filling in missing metadata, calculation of deductions and extraction of sales of non-controlled assets
- Maintaining royalty accounting system
- Keeping the summary documents updated in accordance with royalty accounting system
- Cataloguing 3rd party license requests and statements
- Chasing licensees for missing or late royalty statements and payments, and logging payments received
- Experience with the production of recording royalty statements
- dealing with large amounts of data and databases.
- experience with Sage Line 50 accounts
- working in a multi-currency environment
- A good understanding of VAT in an international setting
- Experience and good understanding of international withholding tax
- Ability to liaise in a professional manner with multiple parties across the whole industry, including booking agents, artist managers, accounts, promoters and artists.
- experience in a similar role in music, sport, media or similar industry essential.
- Any accounting or finance qualifications would be an advantage