Joining a growing Neighbouring Rights team in London, reporting to the Society Relationship Manager, the Label Collections Assistant will work closely with the Society Relationship Manager, Label Collections to ensure delivery of the annual operational plan and be responsible for claiming client repertoire with societies and to ensure our claims are correct on societies’ databases as well as liaise with societies on queries and conflicting claims.
This is an office-based, administrative role that will require a highly analytical, detail-oriented and numerate individual with great communication skills.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A SOCIETY RELATIONS ASSISTANT, LABEL COLLECTIONS AT KOBALT DO?
- Be the first point of contact for an agreed roster of label NR societies
- Communicate with societies and ensure any actions points on either side are executed
- Ensure delivery of the annual operational plan for the agreed society roster
- Checking and cleaning repertoire data received from our label clients
- Importing client repertoire data into the Kobalt database
- Ensure label claims are up to date and submitted prior to societies’ deadlines
- Assisting with repertoire ownership double-claims
- Raise invoices to the correct format to ensure prompt payment from societies
- As payments are received from societies, communicate and resolve any issues flagged by the Royalties Team
- Assisting with income analysis - Identify gaps in payments from societies and work with the society to maximize future payments
- Work in conjunction with Senior Relationships Manager – Label Collections in supporting delivery of the client retention strategy
- Maintain a thorough understanding of society issues, qualification criteria and distribution policies as well as current industry news
- Work towards and deliver targets as set by Management
- Inform Senior Management of significant changes and issues at societies
- Provide regular feedback/updates to Management team
- Ad hoc projects as requested by Senior Management
- Provide training to new staff members
- Prepare information for meetings as required
- Participate in meetings as required
- Travel as required to meet business needs
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Good Excel skills – at least intermediary level (basic formulas, v-lookups)
- Good analytical skills
- Good level of written and spoken English – Spanish would be ideal
- Excellent eye for detail
- Ability to prioritise work
- Ability to work independently
- Good time management
- Good organisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent management skills
- Ability to take initiative and drive things forward through to completion
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT, SELECTION OF SNACKS AND CEREAL SUPPLIED
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt’s pension scheme is currently with Aviva. On passing probation, staff can select to move to salary sacrifice and benefit from a 2.5% - 5% company matched contribution.
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Policy is with the AVIVA ‘select’ scheme
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Personal travel insurance, individual or family cover.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.