BPI is responsible for protecting and promoting the UK record industry. The company represents over 400 independent labels and the UK’s three major labels (Sony, Universal and Warner), who collectively account for around 85% of domestic music consumption and one in eight artist albums sold around the world. The company administers and certifies the iconic Platinum, Gold and Silver sales awards, co-owns the Official Charts, owns and produces the celebrated BRIT Awards, is home to the Mercury Prize and the Parental Advisory brand. In addition to protecting these assets, the company’s leading Content Protection team’s core mission is devising and implementing technical and practical strategies to protect digital and physical music content – including a world leading website blocking programme, removal of infringing content from the internet, disruption of illegal websites, seizure of goods, and development of legal cases.
Equal Opportunities & Diversity
The company is passionately keen to attract, and actively encourages, the best possible candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, race, colour, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or political belief.
BPI Technical Executive
BPI is creating a new role of Technical Executive to further enhance the technical & forensic capabilities within the BPI Content Protection team. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter and a highly motivated team player who shares a passion for music. Reporting day-to-day to the Technical & Forensics Manager & overall to the General Counsel, the role is as follows:
- Following & enhancing established methodologies, & developing new methodologies, to help locate & assess infringing website content.
- Researching & identifying new trends, technologies & changes in the industry.
- Developing & maintaining software tools to carry out bespoke crawling & website scraping tasks as appropriate to the needs of the Content Protection team.
- Providing general day-to-day assistance to the Content Protection team including issuing notices to sites & removing links from search engines, uploading member repertoire and writing custom search engines.
- Good technical understanding of website and hosting technologies (HTTP, HTML5).
- Knowledge of networking and internet technologies (TCP/IP, DNS).
- A good understanding of Internet Search Engines and CSEs.
- Good communicator & team worker, able to handle large amounts of technical information & present this information to colleagues in an easy-to-understand format.
- Highly motivated & organised with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritise work & complete multiple tasks within time constraints & on deadline.
- Imaginative in developing solutions, but with the energy and tenacity to implement new ideas.
- Open to change and new experiences, bringing enthusiasm towards technology and innovation to the role.