Role: UK Marketing Manager - Up to 12 months Maternity Cover
Closing date: 26th October 2018
Location: London – London Bridge
- Create and deliver marketing plans that drive given turnover and profit targets.
- Help build a reputation for excellence in the field of music marketing.
What you’ll be doing
Part of a Marketing team, reporting to the Head of UK Marketing, you’ll be responsible for delivering impactful and creative marketing campaigns for a variety of [PIAS] repertoire.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Initiate and implement marketing campaigns for designated acts.
- Liaise with all departments within the team and where applicable external companies, as well as labels, International team and artists / artist management, to ensure good communication and efficient running of campaigns.
- Manage and coordinate origination of physical and digital releases: make sure all parts for production are delivered within set and agreed deadlines.
- Manage effective use of marking spend
- Build strong working relationships with artists, their labels and managers.
- Initiate campaign timelines in conjunction with Recordings division, labels, International department and artists / artist managers and their tour agents when required.
- Liaise with production teams, international department and [PIAS] Cooperative labels and artist management / designers where applicable to ensure release dates are met and origination of product is completed within given deadlines.
- Liaise with National Accounts, sales admin & sales reps to devise and initiate retail campaigns.
- Monitor orders and stock levels on new releases.
- Deliver valuable content to the team to develop artists both on and offline.
- Ensure that all on and off-line marketing / promotion is integrated. Work with artist management and digital strategy manager to build fanbases.
- Manage marketing expenditure within budgets set by head of department, monitor sales on each project to ensure targets are being met.
Skills and Experience
- Proven Marketing experience within the UK Music industry with knowledge within media, digital marketing, retail etc.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure within a team.
- Experience of building effective relationships with artists, artist managers, A&Rs, independent labels, tour agents etc.
- Strong coordination skills and drive: ability to coordinate artist and all artist teams, managements/label/A&R teams, together with promotion and sales teams to optimise each campaign.
- Experience of working collaboratively with sales teams, promotion teams and other 3rd party services teams.
- Proven ability to manage marketing budgets and monitor their efficiency.
- Must be able to demonstrate through experience the ability to construct and implement innovative marketing strategies and ideas.
- Gravitas and integrity
- Takes initiative and capitalises on opportunity
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment
- Works to build up credibility and rapport at all levels of the business.
- Takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals
- Articulates a vision for the team that really inspires their confidence, trust, commitment and enthusiasm.
- Act with Integrity and confidentiality, protecting the business always.
- Organised, efficient and effective
- Passionate about music
Closing date for applications will be the 26th of October. Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in the subject.