UK Senior Tracking Analyst
Please include your salary expectations and notice period with your application.
The UK Tracking & Audit Team, within the UK Administration Department
Head of Income Tracking & Audit (“HITA”)
Tracking and Audit Analyst / Apprentice staff
Providing a senior level of support for the HITA. The STA will take part in all aspects of the department, providing leadership and assistance with existing functions and processes for established routines in royalty tracking and income recovery. Going forward, helping to monitor developments in market trends and income sources, and devising strategies to deal with unfamiliar or changing income streams. Training and taking responsibility of development of new staff members.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
This is the core function of the department. A strong rate of recovery is already established and the STA is expected to help maintain if not surpass previous results, year on year. Using different methods of tracking (hard fact, contextual & suspense files)
Monitoring Income Streams
The nature of our business is constantly developing and the STA would play a significant role in monitoring the changes in how our revenue is generated and helping to decide on the most efficient allocation of time and resources within the Income Tracking department, to best serve the needs of the company in terms of income recovery and client service.
Digital Landscape – Tracking Opportunities
The STA would liaise with other departments at all levels, particularly the Digital Relations team and the Global Tracking team, to raise awareness of market changes and any possible problems that the company might need to address with regard to Digital royalties. The development of a Digital tracking “landscape” overview would create new opportunities for income tracking / recovery, and help to minimise the risk of lost revenue in an area that has a particularly short window of opportunity for income collection.
Working closely with the HITA the RTA will be responsible for in-depth analysis of income for specific (key) clients, to ensure that all revenue is collected and reduce the risk of audits against the company. In the event that clients do still audit us, the client review function should greatly reduce our exposure to costly claims and incurred expenses.
- Assisting with Audit Examinations
- Overseeing Physical Product Tracking
- Digital Tracking
- Film & TV Cue Sheet Management
- Affiliate Liaison re Overseas Enquires
- Trend analysis of society distributions
- Design new tracking processes and/or making existing processes more efficient or lucrative
- Training new members of the team
- Delegating work to junior members of the team
- Tertiary education or degree level educated
- Working knowledge of copyright and / or royalty payment processes
- Collection Society licencing, operations and distribution knowledge
- Capable of managing and organising own workload
- Personal accountability, managing issues through to resolution
- Aptitude for figure work
- Clear written & spoken English
- Computer literacy – Excel, Word, Windows & Outlook
- Computer literacy – Advance Excel, Monarch, Power Pivots & Access
- Mind-set of learning advanced analytical tools (such as SQL).
- Commercial awareness
- Able to mentor and train new members of staff
- Attention to detail, high level of accuracy
- Self-motivation – ability to work unsupervised
- Team player
- Hands-on individual who can create own training notes as they learn
- Investigative & analytical nature
- Negotiation, skill of persuasion
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to agreed team deadlines
- Strong interpretative skills, solving the underlying issue
- Ability to translate analysis into business recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
Interests (if applicable)
- A genuine interest in a broad range of musical styles
Industry Specific Knowledge
- Good Understanding of Music Publishing payment collection and payment processes.