Application submission: Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “A&R Executive”. Application deadline: 5:00pm, Monday 20th February 2023.
The UK A & R team sits within Sentric's European Business Development division. Its objectives are:
- To obtain new clients (songwriters, artists and businesses) via new business generation and cross sales.
- To develop new products, and enhance existing services, to better serve the market and grow market share.
- To review current and existing markets to maximise opportunities for growth.
- To partner with internal teams to ensure client expectations are exceeded, ensuring significant retention and renewal levels are maintained.
- To ensure clients are at the centre of all activity, ensuring Sentric's ethos of fairness, transparency and customer focus is evident at all times.
The A & R Executives will share responsibility for delivering the UK teams objectives,
measured by team performance targets, agreed with the A & R Manager and
approved by the European Business Development Director.
A & R Executives will continually seek new clients for Sentric Music Group across all
genres and deal types (including Neighbouring Rights) , qualifying which products
are most suitable and working with internal teams to ensure smooth sign up,
onboarding and on-going relationship experience.
A & R Executives will operate as 'Business Development Leads' for all clients they
bring in, acting as escalation points for opportunities and problems where they
cannot be resolved within the Client Services or other internal team.
- Jointly responsible for Sentric's UK new business targets, measured by company KPIs.
- Drive new business growth through the identification of new opportunities and client acquisition.
- Deliver maximum value from, and opportunities for, new and existing Sentric Music Group clients, measured by team KPIs.
- Prepare advance appraisals, liaising with the A & R Manager and Finance team to calculate and complete offers.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of offers and long form contracts, invpartnership with Legal and Business Affairs
- Be a Sentric ambassador online, in press and at events.
- Communicate effectively within own team and internal stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with artists, writers, managers and business clients atvall levels .
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal teams to identify and deliver new client opportunities (e.g. events, festivals, funds, etc)
- Sales and Client acquisition
- Stakeholder Management
- Prioritisation, Organisation and Deadline Management
- Verbal and Written Communication to a high standard
- Public Speaking and Presentations to a range of audiences from management stakeholders to industry events
- Passionate understanding of the music industry
- Demonstrable understanding of the music ecosystem and the functions within it
- Able to describe how global copyrights and rights organisations operate and are governed
- CRM and Office Software
- Positive can do approach to problem solving
- Enthusiasm for working with artists and business partners at all levels
- Collaborative approach to outcomes
- Enjoy travelling and working in new environments
- 2 years within music publishing industry
- Sales to low, medium and high value clients
- An emerging network of artists, writers and industry professionals
Must have the right to work in the UK, otherwise, the application will not be considered.