Polyarts is an ambitious boutique management agency, successfully representing artists and projects on the cutting edge of contemporary (pop, jazz, electro), film, gaming, visual arts, tech, and new classical music.
We represent visionary artists whose commitment to developing new music and art knows no boundaries with an aim to reach and build new and younger audiences.
Polyarts has a no size fits all approach to talent management. Our specialist and knowledgeable team has created a home for artists who dare to be curious through unique genre or art- blending careers.
We constantly adapt to the fast-moving musical climate around us, exploring new ideas and current trends. Our highly motivated and flexible team develops and successfully implements ground-breaking projects across the world.
Polyarts is part of the HarrisonParrott group.
You will be a highly effective and efficient administrator able to ensure accurate, timely and detailed planning and delivery of international engagements (concerts, touring and recording activities) for a select number of Polyarts artists and their projects.
There will be a creative approach needed for this role and all roles within Polyarts, who work in a 360-management style covering all aspects of an artist’s career.
Your role will include the handling of engagement and project contracts, handling of travel and accommodation and logistics for artists, as well as managing marketing and press packs relating to artist and project packs, liaising with recording labels and other clients to meet deadlines and ensure that the administrative processes internally are adhered to. As well as this there will be some diary management skills needed, working with the Associate Director and CEO and occasionally dealing with the set up and notating of meetings.
Aim is to develop into a Projects, Operations and Artist Manager within Polyarts.
CEO Polyarts, Polyarts Associate Directors and Production Managers, HP Marketing Manager, Artist Coordinators, HP Finance Team, HP Legal team
Contracts and administration:
- Assist in the administration of a range of artist contracts, including but not limited to engagement contracts, recording and broadcasting contracts for events and digital media, sponsorship contracts, project contracts and all letters of agreements and deal memos relating to the above
- Work with Senior staff to create contracts for new purposes
- Arrange artists (and accompanying touring party and guest artists where applicable) national and international travel and accommodation, arrange any necessary local transport, such as collection from airport, transfers between hotel and venue.
- Liaise with international travel companies handling sensitive and important documentation relating to travel (passport, frequent flyer statuses, TSA checks etc).
- Manage all baggage (ordinary and extraordinary) relating to a variety of projects, working alongside internal and local touring managers
- Liaise internally with management for each artist relating to travel and accommodation for each event and adhere to artists’ special instructions
- Collate and complete/update recording of information on dates, venues, fees, times of rehearsals and concerts on the companies internal diary systems.
- Maintain artist/project hospitality and technical riders- ensuring all aspects are delivered for each engagement.
- Ensure financial information on client diary systems are maintained (including amounts to be charged to promoter for travel and accommodation) and outstanding fee negotiations followed up on a timely basis.
- Review promoter invoices and monthly commission statements to ensure correct and complete.
- Liaise with promoters and HP accounts department regarding Social Security payments, tax waivers and withholding tax arrangements.
- Process incoming royalty statements and other correspondence relating to incoming monies.
- Keep track of and ensure timely payment of client fees, and check deductions of tax, social security etc. by promoters.
- Assist clients in completion of tax returns by supplying comprehensive and complete details, liaison with accountants etc.
- Assist in maintaining relationship with artist/clients, including attending rehearsals and performances as required and through regular written and telephone communication with artist.
- Collate and formulate reports and schedules for record companies etc
- Assist CEO and other managers in general, where relevant
- Support management with briefings and packs for sales purposes.
- 25 days of paid holiday per year (pro-rated) in addition to statutory bank and public holidays. 5 of these days are to be taken during the office closure period in December.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Annual ticket allowance for HarrisonParrott artist events.
- Employee Assistant Programme.
- Plus, Somerset House residents benefits: I love Covent Garden Card, Northbank Privilege Card, Corporate rate at Waldorf Fitness First, Community membership rates at King’s College Gyms, Covent Garden Physio – Introductory rate: 10% off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Completed applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include a copy of your CV, completed application form and equal opportunities form. Forms can be found via our website at https://www.harrisonparrott.com/jobs.
The closing date for this role is Sunday 15th May 2022. Please note: We will be reviewing applications as received, due to this the role may close earlier.
Interviews can take place via Zoom, Teams or in person.
To be successful in this role you must possess solid organisation skills, be a highly resilient team player, adaptable to constant change and able to prioritise competing demands in a positively challenging and dynamic environment. The ability to work to tight deadlines, remain calm under pressure and solution focused is essential.
Demonstrating that you are a good and willing team player with knowledge of and passion for classical music management will offer a distinct advantage.
Skills and Experience
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and prioritise many varied tasks with multiple deadlines.
- Be quick, efficient and able to work under pressure
- Competence in administering contracts
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent IT skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Experience in a relevant and related area of the classical music business and/or in a dynamic client services environment (within travel, arts, government, legal environments).
- Experience of scheduling and organising extensive travel arrangements.
- Experience of handling international Visa applications
- PA Experience
- Working knowledge of at least one additional modern language (fluency in German will be a particular advantage)
- A good knowledge of and active interest in music
- Educated to at least undergraduate degree level