We are currently recruiting for a Head of Festival & Event Press to manage the Festival & Events department in our UK office. The candidate will report to the directors, manage a team of approximately 4, and will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an events publicity position. They should have experience in leading an on-site press team, line managing, crisis management and an expert knowledge of print and online press campaigns.
Established in 2009, Listen Up is a publicity company offering online and print press campaigns globally, as well as radio and club services. With experience and an in-depth knowledge of the constantly evolving world of press, we ensure targeted promotion and exposure across digital and physical channels - both on an international and regional level - and consistently deliver results to clients in a diverse range of musical genres.
From world-renowned festivals and underground club nights, through to high-end venues, the events team are well versed in generating positive and exciting media coverage. We place our clients directly in the spotlight with the experience and knowhow to oversee thoughtful, effective and engaging press campaigns. Listen Up are now recognised as one of the market leaders in the world of music promotion services.
This role is to lead the Festival & Events Press department whose recent clients including the likes of Parklife, The Warehouse Project, South West Four, Annie Mac’s AMP Lost & Found, Malta Tourism Authority, Afro Nation, FLY Open Air, ANTS, O Beach Ibiza and Cafe Mambo.
The candidate will report to the Senior Account Director: Festival & Event Press, and will have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role, with thorough knowledge of print and online press campaigns, as well as experience with on-site at events PR management.
**This job is not an event management role and is strictly based around PR work. **
Skills you will bring
Applicant must be confident in:
- Developing new business proposals, campaign strategies and timelines
- Press release and copy writing
- Strong experience in crisis management
- Leading on campaigns, communicating clearly with clients and managing expectations
- Pitching and arranging media partnerships, press trips and features with international, national and regional press
- Coordinating and hosting media on site at festivals and as part of overseas press trips
- Communicating concisely and professionally internally, with clients and with journalists
- Experience in account negotiation and new business pitching
- Have 5 years of experience in events publicity
- Have line management experience
- Have strong existing relationships with key journalists and titles, with an extensive database
- Up to date with current international festival landscape as well as industry trends generally
- Available to attend a number of events as well as client & journalist meetings throughout the year (including over weekends and bank holidays)
What to expect from us
You will be based in our offices within the vibrant heart of Camden, a few minutes’ walk from excellent transport links with the added delights of the world famous market.
We value and listen to our staff whilst maintaining a fun and collaborative environment, encourage new ideas and offer career progression. Our staff events are legendary and you will be joining our well established team where you will be given genuine care and support from your colleagues and Directors.
Listen Up is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To apply please email a copy of your CV and cover letter of why you are right for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note applicants without a cover letter will not be considered.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications but thank you for your interest in working with us, please keep an eye out on our website for any future opportunities.