As the Head of Music for the UK & Ireland you’ll be responsible for Spotify’s local network of editorial playlists and promotions, whilst ensuring every artist, manager and label sees Spotify as the #1 partner for artist development and monetization.
You’ll create and deploy impactful strategies that create the best music experience for our users and create best-in-class artist & industry partnerships.
This position is based in London reporting to the Managing Director, UK & Ireland. You will lead the Music team to develop the local music strategy alongside executing the Global content strategy and supporting key aspects of company-wide objectives.
What you’ll do
- Develop new content strategies that create long-term and measurable value for Spotify
- Build strategic and mutually profitable relationships with key industry partners
- Oversee exceptional artist marketing campaigns
- Work cross functionally with other internal teams to fulfill company strategic goals
- Manage, develop and inspire the team, building a strong team culture that combines creativity with data-driven decision making
- Advocate for your market’s needs at senior levels internally
- Explain and champion the Spotify business model with partners across the artist and label community
What you'll bring
- Significant experience of successfully managing a diverse team and having a track record in successful agile/change management
- Experienced in excelling in fast growing, dynamic technology driven environments
- Excellent negotiating and people skills with deep experience in change management
- Strong growth mindset with proven track record
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyse and interpret data, using it to set performance targets and develop long-term strategy
- You are well organized, with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines and pay exceptional attention to detail
- An eye for culture and an ear for trends
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.