The Music and Events Assistant is a key member of the Music and Events team. We create powerful experiences and events that bring people together to inspire and entertain. Working in the heart of the team, this role will ensure the smooth running of the team and its high-profile portfolio of live events, partnerships and campaigns. It is a great entry-level opportunity to gain experience of delivering live events and further your passion for the music industry. We are looking for a hardworking and supportive team player with a passion for our mission and for music.
This role is central to the smooth operation of the Music and Events team at War Child, supporting the team in the planning and delivery of our events and fundraising projects. It is expected to support the head of department and the whole team with day to day planning, management, logistics and execution of their activities. The post-holder will use their attention to detail, passion for music and creative ideas to enable Music and Events to continually improve and grow.
- Assist the Head of Music and Events and wider team in the development and delivery of a balanced portfolio of events and partnerships by undertaking research, data analysis and taking ownership of small development projects
- Assist in the delivery of War Child live events, from the design, production and delivery, providing practical assistance in venue logistics, ticketing, programming, production and content capture
- Responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of other minor incoming generating activities as opportunities arise
- Ensure smooth financial processing for fundraising events and other activities through processing invoices from and payments to suppliers, ensuring that invoices are authorised in accordance with the finance policy and coded to the correct account and cost centre and recording them on Salesforce.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with key stakeholders that are providing support to us from within the music industry whilst building your own network within the music industry
- Provide assistance to the team in the preparation of meetings, impact reports, team presentations and proposal content.
- Support the team in making best use of the fundraising CRM database for managing the team’s relationships and ensure data about projects and stakeholders is kept up to date with the CRM in a timely fashion
- Lead on and champion the Music team’s activity across social media in accordance with War Child’s Communications Guidelines
- A music fan, familiar with the workings of the live music sector
- Able to undertake detail-oriented administrative tasks efficiently and to a high-quality standard
- Able to work calmly and effectively in a fast-paced live events environment
- Able to undertake basic analysis of data and produce clear, engaging and professional presentations, proposals, reports and research
- A competent user of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to set expectations with external stakeholders and maintain effective and collaborative working partnerships
- Proactive, solutions focussed with an excellent attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial with the confidence to negotiate deals and discounts to support the team to meet their targets
- Always demonstrating a passion for music, proactively meeting contacts and willing to attend events in the evenings and weekends
Applications close on Monday 26th August 2019.