KPM Music is the quintessential production music brand. As one of the longest-running, best-loved and universally respected library music companies, it is the original music for synch blueprint. Championing quality, variety, and a roster of world-class talent as diverse as the catalogue, KPM continually sets the standard for others to follow.
The Production Manager role will be responsible for driving the output of the catalogue and managing the production team. Reporting to the VP, A&R/Production, Sony Production Music.
The successful candidate will Identify which albums/genres KPM need to provide by analysing download and royalty statistics, keeping in touch with current music trends, listening to sales team’s requests and working with joint venture partners to ensure that their needs are met. They will ensure that the catalogue is evolving in an ever-changing musical landscape and keep the catalogue ahead of the musical curve.
They will provide the audio team with clear targets and expectations when briefing/compiling/processing albums to an excellent standard and QC the team’s work before release. They will be a people manager responsible for holding team meetings/catch ups/appraisals/creative idea sessions in order to ensure that the team are growing and outputting albums efficiently both in quality and quantity.
They will have an overview of the entire release process (including contracting/invoicing/tagging) and will work with content and technology team to continually refine the process.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive the output of the catalogue
- Manage the Audio Department, consisting of 2 producers/1 Jr Producer/1 Creative Asst
- Brief albums and manage projects from conception to release
- Compile albums from existing material
- Process albums (See fully formed albums through the release process)
- Sign new artists/composers/producers
- Maintain relationships with current composers
- Identify and bring in potential partnerships with other companies
- Negotiate contract terms with composers where necessary in collaboration with our legal department
Who You Are:
- Experience in managing a creative team/individuals
- Excellent practical understanding of music creation process (writing, producing, recording, mixing, mastering.)
- Experience in signing new composers/writers/producers to a publisher or label
- Detail-oriented with excellent project management and coordination skills
- Motivated self-starter with great time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Good operational knowledge of DAWs such as Pro Tools
- Ability to adapt/learn about producing music in new genres/genres outside of usual comfort zone
- 3+ years managing a creative team
- Experience in producing high performing production music albums in a variety of genres
How to Apply
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, send your CV and a brief cover letter detailing your salary expectations and telling us why you are the right person to join our team to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote Ref: PM KPM 12/2021 on your communication.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 17 December 2021
As an equal opportunity’s employer, KPM Production Music (a division of Sony Music Publishing) is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.