Demon Music Group is the UK’s largest independent record company specialising in the marketing of physical and digital catalogue music with repertoire sourced from both major and independent companies around the world as well as our own vast library of rights.
We control music catalogues from a number of high profile artists across a number of genres including Suede, T. Rex, Ian Dury, Belinda Carlisle and many more.
We are also the home of a number of labels spanning all genres and price-points. From high-value limited edition CD and vinyl release on Edsel and Demon Records, various artist compilations on 100 Hits and Crimson Productions as well as digital releases, through to iconic labels including Holland Dozier Holland, Philly Groove, Xtravaganza and Trax Records.
Here at Demon we are lucky to employ a team of music enthusiasts covering all eras and genres and who are experts in their field. We are passionate about what we do and take pride and care in all our products ensuring our position as the UK’s leading independent catalogue marketing record company.
As the Key Account Manager for Demon Music Group the main purpose of your role is to sell-in products and achieve sales figures that aim to meet the financial budgets set for the retail accounts that the role has responsibility for.
Areas of focus:
- Task Management: Manage the day to day sales tasks associated with a selection of smaller accounts (including but not limited to Proper, Gardners, Rarewaves, Music Magpie, UK-based independent retailers). This includes all tasks necessary to achieve budgeted sales figures.
- Relationship Management : Maintain (and foster) trusted relationships with designated retail contacts
- Administration Tasks : A number of administration tasks required by the business, that include, but are not limited to : Collation of retail charts; Excel maintenance and updating of forecast grids; Overstocks information collation (spreadsheets).
- Reporting and Communication: Become familiar with designated tasks in the Amazon VC
- system, in order, when necessary, to offer assistance/holiday cover to achieve needed
- Preparation: Be fully prepared for scheduled meetings.
Are you the right candidate?
Knowledge & Skills
- Commercial Awareness – Market Dynamics
- Basic Excel Spreadsheet Capability (Basic Formula)
- Ability to discuss complexity within deals (qty vs margin) (problem solving)
- Enthusiasm for sales achievement
- Inter-personal skills to effectively build and maintain business relationships.
- Ability to work at pace when required, and to manage multiple on-going tasks.
- Experience of margin management and product life-cycle
- Understanding of wider (entertainment) market stats
- Practical experience with/at retail.
About the BBC
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here.
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.