Joining a growing Neighbouring Rights team in London, reporting to the Director of Client Relations, the Client Manager will be the first point of call for their roster of high-profile clients and responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships and delivering a first-class experience expected of us. Alongside your client focused responsibilities, you will need to be comfortable with a wide range of administrative tasks such as general data entry, maintenance of files and agreement details.
Ideally you will have a thorough understanding of Neighbouring Rights and may be working for a label or a Neighbouring Rights collection society in a client management role working with high-profile clients with a track-record of going beyond providing great customer service. But most important is that you understand the clients’ needs, that you see the ‘bigger picture’, take initiatives and drive things forward as this role also offers great opportunity to make sure Kobalt continues to be one of the leading companies in offering a global service for artists and independent labels to collect their Neighbouring rights income.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
KNR prides itself on its bespoke, robust service to clients, drawing on secondary data to test reporting by collecting societies and negotiating the complex distribution policies and qualifying criteria in order to maximise revenues to artists. KNR represents, amongst others, Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa, Sam Smith, Passenger, Icona Pop, John Newman, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Red Hot Chili Peppers.
At Kobalt, we’re currently over 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A CLIENT MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Act as the first point of contact for your client roster, ensuring that queries are acknowledged and resolved in line with our SLA’s
- Perform full account management following handover of new agreements from dealmakers
- Co-ordinate the on-boarding process for new clients, including entry and maintenance of their personal and agreement details in our database system
- Develop and maintain good business relationships with clients including meeting with the client in person and engaging by phone on a regular basis
- Deal with a wide range of client queries relating to everything from statement and other income related queries to other outgoing client communication like requesting evidence of participation on recordings as well as ensuring passport and tax forms are kept up-to-date
- Perform regular statement checks as part of quality control measures
- Provide regular feedback and reports to Management as required
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous experience in a client-facing, account management role working with high-profile clients with a track-record of providing excellent customer service, building long-term relationships whilst working in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to adapt communication to audience through active listening, anticipate a client’s needs
- Being clear, direct, and confident liaising with industry-leading representatives - artist managers, lawyers, and accountants, but through a humble & friendly approach
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
- History of suggesting new ideas, implementing new processes, and improving existing ones
- Tech savvy with good analysis and presentation skills knowing your way around Excel and PowerPoint to manage data, and present it to senior team with recommendations
- High level of comfort and accuracy when dealing with numbers
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills – carefully plans and structures their work load but can be flexible as priorities frequently change
- Tenacious and able to concentrate on tasks for a long period of time
- Can cope with a high-pressure and fast-paced environment but remains optimistic & persistent to make things happen
- A willingness to expand your understanding of the music business and maintain a thorough understanding of Neighbouring rights
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL and Kobalt Music Recordings. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, Kobalt has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen Kobalt includes Lauv, Nick Cave, Deadmau5, Die Antwoord, Verite, Tom Misch and Rex Orange County.
In 2017, Kobalt was named Publisher of the Year at the Music Week Awards (UK) and has won the Independent Music Publisher Award eight consecutive times. Kobalt Music Group was recognised as the 2013 ASCAP Publishing Administrator of the Year and in 2014 our industry leading Portal web application won the "Innovation in Publishing" award at the MusicAlly awards.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
PENSION | Kobalt comply with auto-enrolment legislation, and currently contribute 1% of base salary if eligible staff stay in the pension scheme, currently with Aviva.
EYE TEST | Voucher scheme in partnership with Smart Employee Eyecare.
FRESH FRUIT & OTHER REFRESHMENTS | Delivered twice a week!
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including large summer & Christmas party!
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Policy is with the BUPA ‘select’ scheme, with the ability to upgrade to a partner or family membership.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Covers both business and personal travel.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME | Loans deducted from net pay, typically over a 12 month period.