Kobalt is looking to hire a highly detail-oriented Executive Assistant to support the Head Of Global Publishing Operations as well as the Publishing Operations Senior Management team in our brand new London office. As the face of the team, you have to enjoy a busy, fast-paced environment and be capable of handling a bit of everything, from the small things day to day - to big scheduling projects like team away days or music events like Midem.
This is an organisation role, so having worked in an ever-evolving environment managing busy schedules, conflicting priorities and planning international travel across multiple time zones is the ideal experience.
The Publishing Operations team manage a range of areas including Copyright, Royalties and Client & Society Relations offering end-to-end solutions for songwriters and publishing companies. This role will be expected to gain a good understanding of all Kobalt’s publishing business functions and help with projects and any issues as they occur.
As a natural extension of the managers day-to-day activities you will need to be an excellent organiser and communicator with interpersonal skills and ability to build trustworthy relationships among internal teams and external contacts.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO AS THE EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT?
- Be a natural extension of the supported executive(s) in their day-to-day business needs
- Quickly synthesize information and determine what actions, if any, are needed sometimes in a nonlinear set of circumstances
- Extensive calendar management and meeting coordination (across time zones)
- Manage expenses
- Plan and manage extensive domestic and global travel arrangements
- Provide the bridge for smooth communication among internal teams; maintaining credibility, confidentiality, trust and support
- Manage external relationships, booking client lunches as well as meet & escort visitors from reception
- Monitor emails and respond/flag appropriately
- Take notes and distributes meeting minutes, agendas and meeting packages
- Work closely with the wider teams to arrange meetings and events as needed
- Work on ad-hoc projects such as team social events, internal office moves, stationary order etc.
YOU WILL IDEALLY HAVE
…experience of executive-level support in a start-up style tech/product company
…a friendly, enthusiastic and results-oriented attitude
…excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships throughout the organization and with external 3rd parties
…demonstrated ability to take initiative, manage a changing schedule and anticipate needs
…ability to manage competing priorities without losing anything in the shuffle
…strong attention to detail with exceptional follow up and organization
…experience coordinating international travel and planning across multiple time-zones
…mastery of Microsoft Office Suite (Office 365) but also use of various commucation and tools such as Slack, & Zoom
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.