Finance Manager Music/ Office based Tour Accountant – Maternity Cover
The Role –
Finance Manager for a successful artist management company based in Parsons Green. Accounting for artists in particular touring for multiple active acts. This is a part time role, 3 days a week for a 9-month maternity cover contract commencing April 2018.
- Review show contracts, liaising with booking agents, insuring sales invoices are raised and correct
- Withholding tax calculations, agreeing production splits, working with the external accountants to provide backup documentation to promotors including accounts, A1 certificates etc.
- Working with the external accountants for the timely submission of CWA, FEU and other tax forwarding agreements.
- Assist with production of touring and promotional budgets, liaising with tour and day to day managers.
- Checking supplier invoices and approving weekly payment runs, correspondence with band and crew re any queries.
- Working with TM’s to ensure correct submission of tour floats and backup documentation. Resolving any credit card queries.
- Review and approve final tour accounts produced by external accounts
- Liaising with labels re tour supported artists; submitting budgets to the labels for tour and promo support, chasing approvals and purchase orders, submission of quotes and invoices via the Uniport system, submitting final accounts and ensuring timely payments to artist.
- Submission of promotional accounts to labels with full backup where required, ensuring all artist recharges are recognised, purchase orders raised, and payments received by the artist.
- Checking all booking agent statements, queries re any differences, ensuring timely and correct payments to artists.
- Review of show settlement statements, raising queries where relevant, checking overage calculations.
- Manage artists cashflow, arranging currency exchanges where required.
- Oversee all merchandise accounting by both merch companies and individual merch sellers on the road. Making sure figures are correct and cash reconciled.
- Checking and approving VAT returns, tax returns and year end accounts produced by external accountants.
- Checking all royalty statements received by artists.
- Organise, manage and check work completed by the internal accountant’s assistant.
- Various other ad hoc duties.
The Person –
Must have several years’ experience in finance within the music industry particularly with touring. Strong understanding of international withholding taxes and multi-currency accounting. Must be diligent and organised to work across several busy artists at once. Strong communication skills a must. Must be proficient in Quickbooks Pro and Microsoft Excel.