Role: INTERNATIONAL MARKETING MANAGER
Reporting to: Head of International Marketing
Direct Reports: 0
What we do
[PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, we operate 16 global offices – all leveraging local relationships to influence local gatekeepers.
Our collective Mission
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem
- To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread the music we champion with passion, integrity and care. To help it encounter audiences and success.
- To constantly challenge ourselves to improve.
What you’ll be doing
Liaise with all departments within the team and where applicable external companies, as well as labels, International team and artists / artist management, to ensure good communication and efficient rollout of impactful marketing campaigns in tandem with the domestic marketing plan.
To deliver turnover and profit and manage international spend to given targets
To break a number of artists to a given level.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Initiate release plans in conjunction with repertoire sources, UK marketing managers and artist managers.
- Manage marketing budgets approved by head of department, monitor sales, streaming’s and activity on each project to ensure targets are being met.
- Manage and coordinate physical and digital releases where rights are not held in the UK: liaise with UK marketing manager, production team, repertoire sources and artist management where applicable to ensure release dates are met.
- Maximise promotional results, streaming strategies and sales against marketing spend and budgets.
- Collect and review international marketing and promotion plans
- Proactive support of international marketing teams to achieve best possible set-up scenarios for priority releases. Request and deliver valuable content to the team to develop artists both on and offline.
- Creative input for international online marketing. Ensure that all on and off-line marketing / promotion is integrated.
- Work with digital managers and management where applicable to build community, databases, and viral campaigns.
- Monitoring initial stock orders. Liaise with stock control to initiate and ensure a smooth process of shifting stock when needed.
- Manage relationships with repertoire sources, artist management and keep them up to date on marketing and promotional activity
- Representing and championing the needs of international territories in the best interests of the overall project.
- Report and analyse results to senior management.
- Be aware of evolving media in order to build campaigns of a digital focus
Skills and Experience
- Sound knowledge of marketing and of the International market, media, digital marketing, retail etc.
- Ability to manage marketing budgets and monitor their efficiency
- Ability to construct and implement innovative marketing strategies and ideas
- Good understanding of music, musical trends and identifying opportunities…
- Creative Marketing skills: coming up with creative marketing strategies or A&R ideas that strengthen and prolong campaigns.
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with artists, artist managers, A&Rs, independent labels, tour agents etc.
- Strong coordination skills and drive : ability to coordinate artist and all artist teams, managements/label/A&R teams, together with promotion and sales team to optimise each campaign
- Needs to be extremely organised, ability to multi-task and work under pressure within a team environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Gravitas and integrity
- Takes initiative and capitalises on opportunity
- Works to build up credibility and rapport at all levels of the business.
- Takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment
- Organised, efficient and effective
- Passionate about music
- Languages would be real advantage
[PIAS] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to include your current salary package to Recruitmentuk@pias.com Closing date will be 12th of March 2018.