SJM Concerts are at the forefront of the Live UK Music market. With nearly a 30-year history as a company we promote some of the biggest tours for artists from around the world. Those who are both long established and those setting the bar for the future.
As a company we promote more than 2000 concerts across the length and breadth of the country every year. We have promoted both the largest concert tour and the largest comedy tour in UK history. We are always looking for the next big thing.
What we are looking for
Think you have what it takes to work in an incredibly busy concert promoter office? SJM Concerts are looking to build on their promoter team with the immediate appointment of an outgoing and sociable junior promoter. An applicant who is ready to learn, grow and start at the bottom with the ambition to work their way up to the top. An applicant who can make the role their own and help maintain SJM at the very top of a competitive industry.
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual who will find their way in a hectic work environment. Someone who is organised, has an eye for detail, and has a passion for new music and spotting trends. Whilst you will be encouraged to find your own feet you will be ably supported by all the experience around you in a company famed for its hardworking team ethic.
- Routing, budgeting, administering and marketing tours.
- Assisting other promoters in the company doing the same
- Liaising with artist agents and managers to find and develop artists in the live market for the company.
- Liaising efficiently with all departments within SJM to ensure a seamless communication of information.
- The SJM offices are based in Manchester. Attendance at concerts around the country is required and expected on a regular basis without it affecting or diminishing regular workload.
- You will be part of the wider team of departments within the company which make up a very hard-working environment.
Skills / Experience Required
Candidates must possess the following when applying:
- Knowledge of the live music scene / new music
- Excellent IT skills, especially Microsoft Office & Excel
- Excellent numeracy skills and the ability to create and manage budgets
- Professional manner in line with artist, agent & manager expectations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload
- An intelligent and committed approach to work
- Reliable and trustworthy
- A naturally helpful, outgoing and approachable personality
- Driving license would be helpful
Closing date: Friday 3rd November
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: Applications will be treated with strictest confidentiality