Believe is a leading digital distributor and services provider for independent labels across the world. Our in-house labels (AllPoints, Naïve, Phases) and label services team release music from artists such as M83, James Vincent McMorrow, Novo Amor, Gavin James, Devlin and more.
Believe Sync is the creative licensing department at Believe. We provide music for advertising, TV, film and video games from a vast and diverse selection of independent music. Working closely with our partners in the creative industries, we offer free creative services including catalogue searches, bespoke recordings and wider brand partnerships with the music and artists we represent.
Believe Sync is looking for a self-motivated individual looking for a unique opportunity in the world of sync. As Sync Manager, you will be responsible for sourcing, developing and maintaining relationships with clients in the UK market as well as leading creative pitches and licensing work for Believe’s catalogue worldwide. You will have a particular focus on bringing in new business, as well as assisting with the day-to-day running of the UK sync department.
A passion for and knowledge of a wide variety of music is essential, as is an existing network of clients and an ability to work autonomously.
Job Role / Main Tasks
Reporting to the Global Head of Sync and based in the London office, you will handle day-to-day sync activity in the UK – including both creative and licensing work - whilst continuously seeking new business opportunities in the advertising, TV, film and video game industries.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing, developing and maintaining business relationships with clients across the UK in the advertising, TV, film and video games industries.
- Contributing to and leading creative pitches.
- Handling quotes, approvals and licensing for deals in the UK.
- Designing and organizing appropriate marketing and promotional activity for Believe’s frontline roster, including mailouts, gigs and showcases.
- Organizing and maintaining Believe’s online music catalogue. Creating themed playlists, featuring artists and tracks, and tagging music.
- Day-to-day sync team work including general admin, license tracking and financial reporting.
- Attending gigs with clients and maintaining a good relationship with Believe’s A&R, digital marketing and in-house label departments.
You should have:
- Experience of working in sync – either at a label or publishing company, or through a music supervision role elsewhere.
- An outstanding knowledge of, and passion for, independent music.
- A creative mind which is willing and able to answer music briefs openly and thoroughly.
- Excellent communication and networking skills - you must be confident meeting new people and seeking new business opportunities, as well as dealing with artists and managers on a day to day basis.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail. You must be able to meet short and long term targets whilst maintaining a consistently high standard of work.
You should be:
- A passionate self-starter able to work with and without direct supervision.
- An enthusiastic arts lover who lives and breathes music - you are consistently intrigued and excited by the use of music in moving media, and are willing to try new things to advance this particular area of the industry.
Please send your cv with a covering letter to email@example.com